- RSS Channel Showcase 9335473
- RSS Channel Showcase 2069890
- RSS Channel Showcase 9009017
- RSS Channel Showcase 2694597
Articles on this Page
- 06/22/16--08:00: _‘Stockbroker’s Bibl...
- 06/27/16--08:00: _Restoring the Everg...
- 07/01/16--08:00: _More Than A Third O...
- 07/05/16--09:47: _Beavers add water t...
- 11/13/16--13:00: _Why It’s So Hard To...
- 01/10/17--17:00: _Scott Administratio...
- 05/16/17--16:07: _Scientists May Be ‘...
- 05/31/17--09:27: _France Declares All...
- 07/21/17--06:47: _House of horrors: i...
- 11/08/17--09:43: _Gainesville Greenwa...
- 06/22/16--08:00: ‘Stockbroker’s Bible’ Just Told Oil Industry To Accept Its Demise
- 06/27/16--08:00: Restoring the Everglades will benefit both humans and nature
- 07/05/16--09:47: Beavers add water to dry landscape
- 11/13/16--13:00: Why It’s So Hard To Save An Endangered Species
- 07/21/17--06:47: House of horrors: inside the US wildlife repository – photo essay
- 11/08/17--09:43: Gainesville Greenway Challenge
Coming from the Financial Times, that’s a sobering wake-up call.
Restoring the Everglades will benefit both humans and nature
The park and the wider Everglades ecosystem have suffered immense ecological damage from years of overdrainage to prevent flooding and promote development.
via Restoring the Everglades will benefit both humans and nature.
Huge portions of the structure have been damaged by the area’s biggest bleaching event ever.
Alastair Bland writes for Water Deeply:
On California’s central coast, a region that usually receives drenching rainfall or fog for most of the year, some forests are now as arid as a desert. Streams that once ran at least at a trickle through summer have vanished in the ongoing drought, and environmentalists and fishermen fear that [...]
Green groups hailed it as “big news for a little porpoise.” With just 60 animals left in the wild and the threat of extinction looming, governments had finally banded together in an effort to save the vaquita, the most endangered marine mammal on Earth… Urgent conservation measures to protect the creature were approved at the [...]
TALLAHASSEE — Gov. Rick Scott’s top environmental agency helped block a scathing federal report outlining environmental concerns from being submitted as part of a challenge to a controversial natural gas pipeline that would run across some of Florida’s most “environmentally sensitive areas”… The Sabal Trail pipeline, a joint venture of Spectra Energy, Duke Energy and [...]
A new Columbia University study is challenging the accuracy of methods used by the IUCN to determine conservation status.
The IUCN Red List paints a grim picture of the biodiversity loss we are facing as a planet. In 2016, tens of thousands of mammals, birds, insects, plants and other organisms were found to be under threat [...]
A new law recently passed in France mandates that all new buildings that are built in commercial zones in France must be partially covered in either plants
Source: France Declares All New Rooftops Must Be Topped With Plants Or Solar Panels | CSGlobe
Resources to catch smugglers are also stretched at American ports and airports. And the situation could deteriorate further – the Trump administration has requested that the FWS budget be cut next year, resulting in more than 300 staff losing their jobs.
Source: House of horrors: inside the US wildlife repository – photo essay
Join Greenway Challenge and help pull invasive Caesar's Weed and Coral Ardisia at this week's Give Back Thursday!
Starts at 9:00 am.
For more information, go to: https://www.facebook.com/events/128497857798347/